Monday, April 6, 2015

Day #13: Pottery & Author Events

Happy belated Easter and all that! I hope you guys enjoyed my special Easter recipe that I posted, in lieu of my usual reading update (I figured I should have something special for Easter). Also, I apologize for my erratic updates and absences. I've been a little busy with stuff.

So, in news - The Reading Hedgehog, my other blog, is back up and running. And I'm enjoying it ten times more. I have a few new things on it, such as weekend recaps and a new reviewing format! Maybe you should check it out at some point. ;-) Still in book news, I've been prepping for upcoming author events. On the 10th, I am meeting YA authors Victoria Aveyard (Red Queeni), Danielle Paige (Dorothy Must Die; The Wicked Will Rise), Sara Raasch (Snow Like Ashes), and Heather Brewer (The Cemetery Boys). So I've been trying to read all of their books before the big day. I have also, of course, been planning for my trip to Nashville on the 29th, where I'm going to meet YA author Sharon Cameron (The Dark Unwinding; A Spark Unseen; Rook). I've been clothes shopping and scouring touring websites to figure out what I want to see in Nashville. If any of you have any ideas of must-see places for a history/book/food nerd, please let me know! Recommendations would be welcomed.

I also had two separate  girls' nights with some friends a few weeks back - the first one we went to a pottery place where you can paint your own designs. My results were returned a couple of days ago!

To commemorate Sherlock's return!
A bookmark jar! I have so many bookmarks; I needed a place to put them.

The second girls' night we went and saw the new Cinderella movie. That was a lot of fun. I needed a fluffy, fairy tale story. And all in all, I liked the movie a lot. The casting was perfect and the changes they made to the story, while subtle, were very good.

That pretty much brings you up to date on what I've been up to. I of course will be posting about how the author event goes; really, really looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. Cute mugs! I still haven't gotten to see Cinderella, my friend I usually go see movies with is currently in school, so I haven't gotten around to it, but I'm glad to hear it is good. It looked like it would be and I have liked everything I have seen so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bookmark jar clashes so badly in the library, but I needed something and it works. ;) CINDERELLA is definitely worth seeing - it isn't a must for the theater, though.

      Delete