Saturday, March 14, 2015

Sweet & Sour: Break Downs and Reading Funks


Sweet & Sour is a weekly feature where I talk about one "sweet" thing that happened - and one "sour" thing. Because life throws us lemons and cookies! But because bad news should always come first, we're doing this in reverse order!

The Sour

Our car is broken. I was driving it in town yesterday, Friday the 13th, and it overheated and died. Thankfully, my mum was with me and we got a tow truck and my dad was able to take us home, and I still managed to get my shopping done. But I'm back to carpooling into work and catching rides with friends to and from events. It's inconvenient, but it does also mean we're getting a new car, and I'm excited about that. I only hope it doesn't take too long. . . .

The Sweet

My reading funk is over! Ever since my decision to take two months off my other blog, The Reading Hedgehog, I've been enjoying my books a WHOLE lot more, and I've been whipping through them right and left. It's so nice to be able to actually want to read, rather than it feeling like a chore all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment